ON MANDELA DAY [18 JULY] DEDICATE A MINUTE OF SILENCE TO PALESTINIAN PEOPLE
This coming Nelson Mandela day [18 July] dedicate a minute of silence to the the Palestinian people and their struggle against Israeli Apartheid.
WE ARE CALLING ON THE SOUTH AFRICAN GOVERNMENT TO:
1) Immediately recall the South African Ambassador in Tel Aviv;
2) Immediately expel the Israeli Ambassador Arthur Lenk From South Africa;
3) Heed Palestinian civil society’s — as well as Amnesty International’s — call for a full military embargo on Israel.
4) Implement the decisions of the Non-Aligned Movement (NAM) conference in Durban in 2006 to:
a. ban all products of Israeli companies operating in the occupied Palestinian territory, and
b. ban entry of Israeli settlers into South Africa
5) Hold South Africans who have enlisted in the Israeli occupation army accountable to legal prosecution, in accordance with South African laws.
6) Immediately act on the Gaza Docket currently lodged with the National Prosecuting Authority (NPA) which names several South Africans who served in the previous Israeli massacre in Gaza in 2009.
7) Issue guidelines to South African citizens and businesses, in line with but hopefully with a higher ceiling than, the guidelines that have been issued by 17 European governments, including Germany, to discourage any support for Israel’s occupation and illegal colonies.
8) Adopt ethical and international law guidelines that exclude international corporations complicit in Israeli